Mini haul.

11:00


Last Wednesday, my friend and I headed out to our third Big Bucket Sale of the year. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's basically a room full of clearance/cheap make up, nail polish, perfume and 'health' care stuff. You grab a bucket, and fill it with what you want - simple.  After second trip to the Big Bucket sale, I hauled it here!

This time I didn't really know what I wanted. I knew I didn't want to spend much money, so avoided putting a couple of perfumes in my bucket.


The first thing that 'fell' into my bucket was the Revlon Cotton Candy nail polish. Mum bought this at the first sale this year, and won't let me use it </3  It's a gorgeous pale pink polish with a gold shimmer. It's a very wearable shade - what I have on my nails at the moment. And best of all - it smells of Candyfloss!

A little story - last week I put my work pants in the wash, completely forgetting both my lip balm and my locker keys were in the pocket. So I needed to pick a new lip balm, and went for the Maybelline Baby Lips two pack. I got 05-Quenched (just a sheer balm) and 30-Peach Kiss which is a glittery bronze shade, which is super sheer- leaving only a little extra glisten to your lips and not much colour. I was hoping for a wider selection of the baby lips, but this pack was the only one they had left.

I got a new Batiste Dry shampoo for dark and deep brown hair. I love this stuff, and because it's brown rather than white it's easy to use and doesn't leave you looking like you have grey roots.

The last thing I picked up I'm quite disappointed. There were no 'open' ones to swatch, and both my friend and I grabbed this because it looks really nice. It's the Rimmel 3-in-1 powder blush in the shade 001 Spring Flower. The palest shade is SUPER glittery - I personally am going to avoid using it because of that. I find the darkest shade on its own to be too dark for my skin tone. However, the middle shade, for me, is just right and also not too glittery.  They are all really pigmented, so a little will go a long way.


(I changed the brightness after I took the pic, which is why it looks a bit odd)
SWATCHES: Left - Baby Lips 30- Peach Kiss.
Right- Top to bottom; lightest to darkest blushers in the Rimmel Trio.
After the sale, we popped to Kmart to check out the E.L.F stand - they didn't have any of the products we wanted.  And then a trip to Westfield to pick up some lunch ended up with a snoop around JB Hifi, and the purchase of Ed Sheeran's new album X.  I was VERY excited to get this, after hearing a few of the songs at his iHeart Radio show, and I hasn't disappointed! I would definitely suggest EVERYONE go out and buy this!!


xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook