Keeping positive and happy.

13:22

As I said in yesterday's blogpost, I want to welcome some more happiness and positivity into my life.  I thought I'd write a quick blogpost and talk about some of the ways I'm going to do this!



1- Nice smelling things! Whether it's a candle or fresh washed sheets, things that smell nice always put a smile on my face.
2- A bit of lipstick! There's something about a sweep of bright lipstick that makes me feel better. For me, a bit of red lippy, and I feel like Snow White, thanks to my pale skin and dark hair.
3- Perfect nails! I don't know whether it's because I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but there's something about perfect, unchipped nail polish that just makes me relax a bit.
4- Tidying! Whenever I'm in the need of cheering up, I tidy and organise my room. Again with the perfectionism. 
5 - Keeping myself busy! I find if I sit around doing nothing, I get lost in my head. So, when I'm at home, the TV's always on, there's a book nearby or I work on my 'scrapbook' - basically I cut up magazines, and stick them in a 'sketchbook'. It's fun trying to find the perfect pictures that will fit together (a quick peek at one of the pages)

At the end of last year, Demi Lovato released a book called 'Staying Strong, 365 days a year'. This is something that proved popular within her fans, but I think it's a book that so so many people would benefit owning. Basically, every day has a different page. Each page has a quote, as small passage and a 'goal' for the day. 

Today's passage reads "We can't always rely on others to make us feel happy. We must first find it in ourselves."

To wake up, and read the daily page from this book, it really helps the day start in a positive way. 

Thanks to the help of Google, here's 10 more ways to be happier and more positive!


1. Make a list of things that make you feel productive and happy.
2. Set short term, and long term goals.
3. Exercise - even a small amount a day.
4. Sleep more!
5. Spend more time with the positive people in your life
6. Smile more!
7. Keep yourself busy
8. A little bit of pampering goes a long way!
9. Get out of your house, and your normal routine, and do something different - a trip to the zoo, museum or the beach.
10. Your life is you're life, and you're the only one who can choose what to do - don't waste time doing something you don't enjoy.
xxx

(If you want to get a copy of 'Staying Strong, click hereHere is a link for some more 'self help' books. Miranda Kerr has also written a self help book, filled with 'thoughts, memories and lessons that anyone can relate too) :) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook