Rimmel Love

13:03

I have a confession to make. I'm obsessed with Rimmel. I find all the products work for me, and they're all very affordable. 



Match Perfection Light perfecting radiance foundation - shade 010 Light Porcelain- I LOVE this foundation. It gives a medium coverage which I prefer.  It has a SPF18, which means with a layer of sun cream underneath I feel happy that I can wear it all day and I won't get sun burnt (I usually have to reapply sun cream during the day). It leaves you with a natural finish - not too shiny but not too matte. I find it difficult to find a foundation light enough for me but this is a pretty perfect colour match. Set it with powder and it lasts all day. 

Match perfection 2-in-1 concealer and highlighter - shade 010 Ivory- I love this concealer. Just like my foundation, I find it difficult to find a concealer light enough to use under my eyes to brighten them - I'm usually the lightest shade - so the fact this is a highlighter as well is ideal. It blends so easily which is perfect for the under eye. I usually hate concealer applicators where the brush is on the end of the tube, but for under eye I really like it with this product. I don't use this on all my other blemishes though- I prefer to use a different brand as this is not super thin, but not thick enough to cover spots and blemishes.

Fix & Perfect primer- 001- When I first opened the tube, my eyes nearly fell out of my head. It is orange. It freaked me out, but once applied and blended the colour is gone. I don't find it minimised my pores, but my foundation did last longer.

Stay Matter Powder- there's surely not a person out there who hasn't heard of this powder. All the reviews or people I have heard talk about this product just rave about it. It reduces shininess and helps fix your make up. I have this in two shades 001 transparent and 003 peach glow. Peach glow was an accidental purchase. I find if I use this, I find that I have a lovely orange glow. I tend to use this as an eye shadow just to neutralise the colouration on my eyelids. Transparent is what I use on my face.

Glameyes eye shadow - 200 Spicy bronze- I got this last year in a 'mystery make up bag' from Grabone. It is a beautiful bronze colour, perfect for your crease. It's easily blended and very glittery. I like to do a neutral paler colour over my eyelid and this is in the crease and blended into my lower lash line.

Lasting finish colour blush - 120 pink rose- The jury's still out on this product. I love the colour in the pan - a beautiful dusky rose- but I think it's the wrong shade for me (I think it's too dark). It is easily blended and sits beautifully on the skin with only a light shimmer. I think it will be ideal for someone with a skin tone slightly darker than my own. You will need a light hand though- it is very pigmented.

Scandaleyes thick and thin eyeliner- This is a basically a liquid liner felt tip with a pointed tip, allowing you to easily draw both a thick or a thin line. I love this pen. I find this so easy to use. You can start with the pointed tip to get your perfectly thin line and then build it up from there. The pen itself is so light and thin that it's super easy to grip and use. 

Scandaleyes waterproof Kohl eyeliner - 001 black- This is the perfect pencil for the tightline and waterline. It has good staying power and is so smooth and easy to apply. You barely need to apply pressure and it will go on. Both the Scandaleyes products I have are easily removed by make up remover. 


Top to bottom- 106, 03 and 111
Lasting finish by Kate Moss lipstick - 03, 111, 106- I LOVE these. There's such a range of colours, and I've stuck to just these three for the moment. They're are all so easy to apply and stay for a good amount of time. 03 is a dusky pink nude. This is the only non matte shade I have and I like to wear it as an everyday lipstick. 111 is a bright red matte shade and 106 is a matte bright pink. These shades I like to wear as a bold colour, or use a brush and blend it so the colour isn't quite as bold. I tend to wear them more if I'm going out. They all have individual scents which are just delicious.

What's your favourite 'drug store'/affordable make up brand? Comment below

xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this post! Have you tested Rimmel's BB Cream Matte? It is just perfect! xx


    www.13secondsofimagination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't no - it's not something you can get in New Zealand. I'm planning on doing a Boots/Superdrug online spree in a few weeks when my parents are in the UK so they can bring it back, and that's definitely on the list!

      Delete

Like us on Facebook