I love my denim jacket!

13:14

On a cooler summers day, my number one pick jacket is my denim jacket.  It's something that works perfectly with so many different outfit choices - with, of course, the exception of denim jeans/shorts. Double denim is a big no no for me.

Denim jackets are favored by many celebrities - Olivia Wilde, Cameron Diaz and Miranda Kerr just to name a few. Imagine my surprise at a concert a few weeks ago, and Macklemore himself ran on stage in a denim jacket almost identical to my own!

It is a perfect way to dress down an outfit as a more casual alternative to a blazer, or as a quick grab and go option when you're in a rush.   I mainly wear mine in summer in the evenings, or spring/autumn on the cooler days when I'm not wanting a thick jacket.  There is nothing I love more than the combination of denim and floral print, so that's mainly how I style it. 



My jacket is a light wash denim with dark grey buttons and orange/brown stitching.  The sleeves go to my wrist and have buttons you can undo and roll up the sleeves. The length, however, is ideal for me. I have wide hips, and this jacket finishes a couple of inches below my waist - above the widest part of my hips, which I feel makes my hips look narrower.

My jacket was a hand me down from my mum - she bought it back in the 80's (!!!!!), wore it and put it in the back of her closet and passed it onto me a few years back. It's definitely had so good use. 

Here's a few ways I've worn it in the past (and no doubt will repeat in the future):



This is the outfit I wore to Macklemore. It was so comfy and cool - perfect for a concert.  My dress is from Cotton on. It was from the sale rack - only $15, and it's not on the website anymore.  It has a line of stitching under the boobs, but is a loose fit dress. I wore it with a gold chain necklace from Cotton on (an alternative from Asos), which although it's not on the website, I think it may still be in store. I had my white converse on and a small black bag from K mart with a gold bow clasp.



This is an outfit I wore out to dinner last year. Although I only wore the jacket on the walk there and back, it still provided the warmth needed. My dress is from Dotti that I got midway through last year. It's made of quite a stretchy fabric, and the skirt held its shape, and didn't lie against my body. I wore a silver statement necklace from Cotton On. My heels were an Op Shop find, and were only $15.



Yes those are jeans. Yes they are denim. But they're black, so I think I can get away with this.  My jeans are ones my mum bought for me when I was away at uni, so I don't know where they're from. My top is from Cotton On, and I think my necklace is from either Dotti or Cotton on, and it's just a Lion design on shorter change, so it sits near my top button. I would wear this outfit with either my black converse or some ankle boots - both which were hidden in the top of my wardrobe. 

These are just three different ways I would style my denim jacket - do you have any suggestions on how else to style it or you own?

xx

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love it with the patterned dress! I've never had a denim jacket, don't think it suits me all that much - but looks great on you :)

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't think I would have been brave enough to buy a jacket myself - but I'm glad mum gave it to me!

      Delete
  2. I have the exact dress from Cotton On, it's one of my favourite dresses. Never occurred to me to pair it with a denim jacket, but looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook