Lips.

13:26

I have an obsession with Lip balm and I'm not afraid to admit it. There is not an hour that goes by where I don't obsessively apply some sort of lip products.  I have come close to tears on occasions where I have lost my favourite lip balm, or left it at home when I've gone to work. I have finished countless tubes of lip balm, which i see as quite an accomplishment - one of the few things I manage to finish.

My favourite lip balm of the moment is Maybelline babylips in anti-oxidant berry. I has a scent that I find i can still smell when it is on my lips - and it smells delicious, like a fresh summer smoothie. I don't find the taste too over powering.  For me it lasts about half an hour (unless I eat/drink) and once worn off, leave my lips nice and soft. By habit I usually put some on every hour or so. 



One lip balm I can never fail is Nivea Essential Care lip balm. It is a lip balm that I have used for as long as I can remember.  It is another long lasting lip balm that really does help soften your lips and help moisturize your lips. It is a cheap but good quality lip balm that you can buy in most places that sell make up/beauty products - including the supermarket.

(I tried finding my Nivea Lip Balm to take a photo for you, but I have temporarily misplaced it :( )

Another frequently used lip balm of mine is the Lush Honey Trap lip balm. It just smells amazing - a combination of honey, white chocolate and vanilla. It is quite a pricey lip balm - NZD$10 for 10g, however only a small amount is needed to be applied at a time, helping it last longer, so ends up being good for the money you spend. The one downside of this lip balm is that it is in a tin rather than a stick - you're left with sticky lip balm fingers after you apply.


Before bed, I always use the same two products. Before brushing my teeth, I use my Lush Bubblegum lip scrub. Straight after I use that, I put on some of my Lush Honey Trap lip balm. I then brush my teeth and do everything else I normally do before I go into bed. Then, once I'm settle in bed I put some Vaseline on my lips. First thing in the morning, I check my phone and then put some more Vaseline on, and then about an hour later put some lip balm on - that really helps keep my lips as soft as possible. 

The Lush Lip Scrub and Lip balm is perfect to use right at the beginning of your make up routine, so by time you've done you're face routine your lips are moisturized and smooth enough to put your lipstick on perfectly. 


xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook