Chanel Eyes.

13:00

If there's one make up look I wish I could pull of in everyday life, it would have to be the  Chanel S/S 2014 Couture fashion show. Peter Phillips created a masterpiece on each and every models eyes.



For the face, the make up was left plain and simple - with only a slight blush. The lipstick was left as natural as possible. Nails were a pale pink/nude colour. But it was the eyes that made the whole look. Heavy black winged eye liner on the upper lid, teamed with a gorgeous glitter under the eye. 
Photo courtesy Vincent Lappartient for CHANEL, Vogue


The full list of make up used:

(All Chanel)

FACE:
Hydra Beauty creme  US$87
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Eclat Lumiere foundation (not yet released - due out in April)
Correcteur perfection long lasting concealer  US$40
Poude Universelle Libre natural finish loose powder US$52
Joues Contraste blusher in shade Espiegle US$43

LIPS:
Rouge Coco Shine in shade Satisfaction US$32.50

NAILS:
Le Vernis nail polish in shade Frission US$27.50

EYES: <3
Ligne Graphique de Chanel in shade Noir-noir US$34
Le crayon Kohl in shade Clair US$28
Mascara La volume de Chanel in shade Black US$30
Chanel Lash curlers (US$34), brow kit and pencil (US$29)

Under the eye, applied using eyelash glue was pieces of chunky holographic and silver glitter.


An amazing make up look, with a not-so-amazing price tag: US$437!


This look, however, can be simply replicated, at a much lower price tag;

FACE:

Moisturiser:

Hydraluron is a frequently recommended  moisturiser by so many other beauty bloggers and youtubers- unfortunately I've yet to try it as I can't buy it in NZ anywhere easily.
I personally use a vaseline moisturiser as my skin isn't too dry.

An alternative to moisturising is using a primer - such as maybelline dream smooth primer or smashbox photo finish foundation primer.  Although Smashbox primers are expensive, only a small amount is used at a time so it will last you a while. 

Foundation:

My go to foundation is Rimmel Match Perfection. I use the shade 010 Light Porcelain (the lightest shade, which I do get paranoid every so often about it being too dark).  Rimmel Wake me Up is another highly raved about foundation, unfortunately I can't find a shade to match my skin tone.   Nars Sheer Glow is also a good foundation, but a bit more pricier.

Concealer:
I personally use the Maybelline Fit me concealer as it works for me, and I found a shade to match my skin tone, as like in foundation, I couldn't find a Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in my shade. Another highly recommended concealer is Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer- unfortunately I can't get this in NZ.

Powder:Rimmel Stay Matte.

Blusher:
A dupe for Espiegle is Nars Sex appeal, which is still a bit pricey. It is also similar to MAC Foolish me. Benefit Coralista is also similar as is Maybelline #301

Lips:
Rimmel Lasting finish by Kate Moss #14, Borjois shine edition lipstick #26 or Wetnwild mega shield lip colour SPF 15, shade 360s Birthday Suit.

Nails:
The only nail polish similar to Frission is OPI Kim-pletely in love. Frission is a beautiful pale pink, with gold shimmer.  Instead of Frission, you could try a pale pink such as Essie Sugar daddy/not such a pretty face, Maybelline colour show Born with it or OPI hearts and tarts. On top of that you could add a gold glitter nail polish such as Sephora I found a pot of gold.

Eyes:
Liner: Maybelline and Borjois and Rimmel all have good liquid liners and gel liners, depending which one you would prefer to use. 
Rimmel scandal eyes is a very good eyeliner pencil that is both cheap and good quality.
For mascara both Rimmel and Maybelline have an excellent range of mascaras, covering Volume, length and definition of lashes. 

For the glitter, Urban decay, Nyx and Chichi all have glitter eyeliners, which would be an easier and less time consuming option to putting individual pieces of glitter under your eyes.

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook