NZFW | My first day

12:11

For those of you who don't know, this week, I'm spending three days at New Zealand Fashion Week, working on the backstage blog. Exciting stuff.

Yesterday (Tuesday 26th) was my first day. And OMG I can't wait to go back on Thursday.

I didn't need to be there until after 11, but got there at about 9.3o. Eager beaver.

After a bit of exploring in the morning, it was time for NOM*D. And for my first fashion show ever, it definitely didn't let me down. Although I'm short and claustrophobic, I really enjoyed the whole 'everybody stands up on one side of the runway' bit.


Pia gave me some words of advice 'BE AGGRESSIVE'. 

Then I actually get down to work, and headed backstage to interview the hair stylists and make up artists and then track down three very excited first time fashion weekers.  And let me tell you how sweet and kind Amber Whitecliffe is. And how crazy and excited Wendy Jarad was. She jumped off the skytower in a ball gown. Crazy woman. (That video then featured at the beginning of her show too).

Then I got to watch the show. Amber's was definitely the highlight, followed by Desiree. I did really like Wendy's collection (those patterns and colours were to die for) but compared to the other two, they weren't my fav.

what happened next omg

By time we'd written up the New Generation show (ooh click here and read it!), it was time for Lela Jacobs. 

Seriously LOVED the make up for this look (oh, click here and read about that - all Pia's work!) Everyone got given a sheet of paper with a quote/passage/poem on it, which was actually screen printed onto some of the clothes, which I thought was a cool thing to get.  going on my pinboard

After a nice break and some fresh air (finally), we popped over to watch the Salasai show. I loved the prints in this show, and the tops with the big flowers too. 

Then it was time for Trelise. Watching everyone pile in, there was a moment where I was confused how everyone would fit. But they did. And we managed to get third row seats. Crazy. Loved the show, and the shoes, and clothes. Just the choice of headware. but that's another blogpost...

There is only one picture of me in my outfit, and I don't have it. But i can describe it if you want. Black dress. Black tights. Black shoes. Lilac kimono. Oversized black bag. 

xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sounds amazing! Will have to check out their collections.

    Ashley | http://artedellamoda.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook