The Travel Bug.

12:13

Growing up, there were three things I knew about my future self. I wanted to be a vet. I wanted babies. And I wanted to travel the world. Now, I want to be a stylist, have babies and travel the world. Nothing (much) has changed. 


I want to make a career for myself, get myself out there and make myself know. Find a boy (or a best friend) and happiness, and then save and save and travel. 

France 1996, age 1 1/2 (ish)
I grew up in a house with not a lot of money. Mum gave up work before my older brother was born, so dad worked long hours to make ends meet - all three of my siblings and I always had everything we needed growing up. However, we never had much spare money for holidays. But we had our caravan. Every summer we spent two weeks away, and during school holidays and long weekends away in the caravan. I've never been to London, Manchester, Birmingham or other major cities. 

Scarborough, 1998, age 3 
But I have seen England. So much of England. I've lost count of the number of small villages, castles and beaches I've been too. And growing up with all that travelling and sight seeing has got the travelling bug well and truly buried deep inside of me. 


Scotland, 2004, age 9

We have a photo cupboard in our house, hundreds and hundreds of photos hidden away, and they rarely get looked at. But there are some pictures of the most beautiful, scenic scenery, and they never see the light of day.

This isn't a new series. But every so often, I want to pick a photo album, and scan and post a few of my favourite pictures, and a little background of where it was. Being so young (all my travelling in the UK was done before I turned 11), I never fully appreciated the scenery/outlook of where I was. And now, at 19, I want to look back and appreciate it now.

xx

(Those photo's aren't bad to say they were taken so long ago, and then scanned into the computer!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook