Review: Maybelline Express remover

10:00

The other day I popped into my local Farmers looking to get some new BB cream. I wanted the Rimmel BB cream, but unfortunately Pukekohe farmers doesn't stock Rimmel. </3

Whilst over at the Maybelline stand finding the right BB shade, I saw the 'Farmers Club deal' sign. I'd been wanting to try this nail polish remover for a while, and seeing as it was on special, I couldn't pass up the offer! (It was $7.49, rather than the usual $9.99)



Maybelline Express Remover:

It's an Acetone free remover, that claims it 'Removes nail polish in one dip'. The instructions are basic - '1. Dip, 2. Turn, 3. Close [the lid]'.

I had a few chipped nails, and wanted to fix them up before I started work, so I thought I'd give this a go! I had two coats of colour, and both a top and bottom coat on my nails, which usually takes a bit of patience holding a soaked cotton ball on my nail. 

I liked the ease of the remover. Sticking your finger in a pot and spinning it is a lot easier than rubbing with a cotton ball. I stuck my finger in and spun it in a full circle and then took my finger out expecting to see a result - there was no obvious change. I stuck it in again - a lot further into the pot this time, and gave it a good few spins and it took most of the polish off. Another quick spin in the opposite direction and it was all gone.

It's definitely a quick and simple way to remove polish. It's going to make it super easy to take the nail polish off one nail if it gets chipped, without worrying about holding a cotton ball the right way to not ruin other nails.

Naturally, there's always going to be con's. I found the smell overpowering. I usually like the smell of nail polish remover (odd, I know), but this wasn't the generic smell. I'm still trying to put my finger on what it reminds me of. The other con is that I found it very drying. I rushed to put a bit of moisturiser on my nails afterwards.

I think I'm going to stick with my normal nail polish remover (Sally Hansen - for weak nails), and pull this out when I have to fix one or two nails - or if I'm in a rush.

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook