Dark matte nails // NOTD

10:55

As much as I love glittery, sparkly or shiny nails, nothing can beat the aesthetic of a matte nail. I can't get enough of them.  I got my matte top coat in December for my birthday, and have used it countless times since. I used it a lot with different pastels and bright shades during summer/beginning of autumn. 


However, my favourite way to wear it EVER is with a dark nail polish. Black nails are my go to if I can't quickly decide on another colour -  whatever time of the year. Up until December I would wear it with a normal top coat, but I Love the change (and option) of the matte top coat. 

I wanted to branch out from black nails and got a few new 'dark nail' alternatives. And when mum went back to England, I jumped at the chance and asked her to pick my up a Tanya Burr nail polish. After much deliberation I chose Midnight Sparkles, which I wrote a review on here

OPI Russian Navy | Rimmel Professional finish Hypnotise |Tanya Burr Midnight Sparkles |
Maybelline Colour Show Onyx Rush | OPI On her majesty's secret service
Ever since mum came back (six or seven weeks ago) this is the only colour that been on my nails! And the past two weeks, I've paired it with a top coat, and don't think I want to change this combo for a while. 


The shimmer is subtle, yet in the sun still obvious. I guess at first glance it looks black, but look a bit closer and it's definitely a dark purple. 

An awkward picture with flash - the only way the shimmer will start to show up!

Are you more of a shiny nails or a matte nail fans? 

xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the colour! I love both shiny and matte nails, just depends what mood I'm in :D

    Ashley | http://romanycparis.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say - shiny are perfect for brighter colours, but I definitely go for matte darks over shiny. Have you ever seen the shiny/matte nail art before?

      Delete

Like us on Facebook