Chanel Haute Couture A/W 14/15.

10:00

I can't lie. I cried a little inside looking at pictures from the Chanel Haute Couture 2014/15. In the year and a half or so I've been heavily into fashion week(s), there's not one designer/brand I look forward to more than Karl Largerfeld and Chanel. 



After the trainers at the Spring Couture fashion show, I couldn't wait to see what Largerfeld chose footwear wise this time. And I wasn't disappointed! 


Jandals are an intersting choice - both for autumn, and for a haute couture runway. But somehow, the gem detailing and the big black bows 'fancy' and dress them up. I'm so very tempted now to buy Chanel flip flops for summer- or a $10 from Number 1 Shoes and 'bling' them up myself!   I love how the boots almost mirror the shoes - with all of them having a bow, they are all tied in together. Brown over-the-knee boots are also such a contrast to the black flip flops - I love it.

The colour palette was also kept rather simple - whites, reds, 'gunmetal' greys with a few brozey-beiges and navy pieces thrown in - this is a great contrast to the 'rainbow dress' from the Spring 2014 line. However, just because the colours were more simple - doesn't mean the outfits were!


Many an outfit consisted of a top/jacket and a skirt with shorts underneath. But the majority of the outfits contained some amazing beaded embroidery. Just thinking about the time taken to create some of these pieces makes me want to cry from exhaustion!


And if the range of different outfits isn't enough, each model had a gorgeous little hat to co-ordinate with their outfit. And I'm in love with every single one of them. 

And unlike the last Chanel show - in THE CHANEL SUPERMARKET - this show reverted back to the usual white room. I have to say - I'm a big fan of the super, simple, white background/location for a fashion show - I feel like most of the attention is kept on the models and the outfits, and there's a lot less 'things' to get distracted with!

If you want to hear Karl Largerfeld talk about the show, click here!

All my photo's I've used are from the British Vogue website.

xx

p.s. I don't know whether any of you know this but the pregnant model featured in the finale of the show is actually a 22-year old New Zealander!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh chanel how I love it! always gorgeous pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of the brands you can rely on for just being amazing! Aahha

      Delete
  2. I loved looking at these pictures, the embroidery is stunning! <3

    Ashley | http://artedellamoda.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many different outfits/pictures it was hard to just pick three for the post!

      Delete

Like us on Facebook